Redeemer University College offers different non-degree programs through occasional studies, auditing privileges and one-year certificate programs.
An occasional student is someone who takes one course per term but is not admitted to a degree program and does not have a university degree.
To be considered for this status, you must have fulfilled the requirements for mature student admission or be a secondary school graduate who gives evidence of the potential to complete undergraduate university courses successfully. You may apply courses taken by occasional study to the degree program if you decide to pursue part-time or full-time studies.
A student who is in the last or next to last term of secondary school may also be considered for this status, provided that he or she has an 80% average or above in advanced level or Grade 12 U courses, the permission of the principal, and he or she is not using the course(s) for the completion of secondary school requirements.
Students may take up to 10 courses as an occasional student. After 10 courses, students must apply to the degree program to continue studies.
Occasional students may participate in one or more courses as auditors and fees for auditing will be charged as outlined in the Academic Calendar. An auditor is expected to attend all classes and may submit papers and take tests. However, it is expected that an auditor will learn mainly by listening. When a course is audited, it appears on the student’s transcript with “AU” recorded in place of the grade.
One-Year Certificate Programs
Admission and Completion Requirements
To be considered for admission to a certificate program (not including the Advanced Certificate in Foundational Studies), a student must satisfy the admission requirements for the degree program. Students in the program may pursue full-time or part-time studies. In order to receive the certificate, a cumulative grade point average of 4.00 (C-) is required.
The Advanced Certificate in Foundational Studies is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Certificate in Liberal Arts (10 courses)
- All of the following courses: Contemporary Studies 110, Humanities 110, Humanities 120, Philosophy 121, Religion 110
- One 100-level science source (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental studies, Mathematics or Physics)
- One of the following courses: Art 112, Art 115, Media & Communication Studies 115, Theatre Arts 103
- One of the following courses: English 103, English 104, History 106, History 108
- One of the following courses: Applied Social Sciences 120, Business 121, Geography 121, Psychology 121, Psychology 122
- One elective course
Advanced Certificate in Foundational Studies (10 courses)
- All of the following courses: Philosophy 121, Politics 121, Religion 110, Religion 201
- One of the following courses: Philosophy 222, 224, 226
- One 300-level Philosophy course
- Four elective courses